Sunday, September 15, 2024

Lost in Books

Last weekend our local library held their annual book sale in the Market Platz--There were tables and tables filled with BOOKS!  Oh my!  So many books!  The sale was $1.50 for hardback and $.50 for soft cover books.  How could one resist this challenge?  I call it a challenge since there were so many books to look through--a real challenge to get to all the tables.  What if we miss some special author on the table?

We arrived 5 minutes before the bell was rung to open the event.  A crowd had already formed--oh, look there is Laura, Lisa, and other friends.  Will they help look for our agenda as well as theirs?  No, it's every man or book hunter for themselves.

More and more books and people searching.
Everyone was very helpful; if they heard you said a certain author and they found a book on their side of the table, they would hand it over.  Love this type of friendship but, it can they can be an enhancer or influencer!
 
We brought our wagon for transport--so glad we did!  Others had baskets or bags, but the Wagon--was perfect--pick up a book and toss.  Later, we found a spot to sort through to make sure there were no duplicates--put two or three back on the table--but, oh look, another book to take its place!  We bought 38 hardbacks and 17 softcovers.  Several children books were inclueded.

Here is my stack.  Daughter had her stack.  I like more mysteries and suspense, she enjoyes more romance.  Luckily, I got only one that I'd previously had in the library.  Think that's good--maybe, I've read some of these before--so what?  I can read them again.

This is short stack--one problem!
What to read first???
Just finished reading this book last night--it's about the woman responsible for champagne
Now, I found out there is a movie being made--go figure!
To finish up my French reading comes this little book--delightful so far.
This will give me a chance to decide which of the book sale ones I'll begin soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost in Books

Last weekend our local library held their annual book sale in the Market Platz--There were tables and tables filled with BOOKS!  Oh my!  So ...