Sunday, February 18, 2024

Stitchery

 Happy stitching all you stitchers out there!  Beginning today, February 18, you can begin 100 days of Stitch Meditation--join their Facebook page.  There will be lots of ideas popping up to assist you in your stitch meditaion.  During these quiet days and Lent reflection, we can use some meditation to keep our minds sharp and relaxed.


I began my stitching journey a few days ago--when I came upon Elefantz designs for tea towel--I've always thought about doing this on the edge of my handwoven towels--just didn't get around to it!
She also designed a block of the month with stitchery

I found this towel in my linen closet--one I had purchased when in Italy--tucked back where no one can find it--why is it in hiding?  Time to bring it out and make it shine.

It's 60% linen and 40% cotton--when I washed the towel, it wrinkled to beat the band!  It will need some more attention to get it soften  but onward we go.


I was wondering how to mark the pattern on this type of fabric; then I found this product--
Stick and press!  Perfect! for my project.

Cut off a piece, mark the pattern on the sheet and press to the cloth; when finished, wash away the paper!  Great!  Let's see if it works.


Hard to see, but I pressed the paper to the fabric where I wanted to stitch and began
So far so good!  It is little hard to push the needle through the paper with it's sticky backing

going good--paper wants to come up from the fabric at times+

My thread is my handspun silk--some are two ply (like in the heart and flowers photo) single ply in the wording photo.  The silk threads were skeined in small butterflies and when I did natural dye pots, I'd throw in a skein or two--what you see in the above photo are some of the ones I did in the past.
In my stitchery meditation, I will be using these hand spun, natural dyed silk yarns. Stitching on natural dyed fabrics. 
Join along and stitch.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...