Saturday, July 1, 2023

Sundry Items

Beginning the month of the beginning of the end of 2023!  Does that make sense!??  Only 6 months till Christmas! YAY!  
Right now we are smack dab in the middle of HOT summer!

definitely summer!!  Temps have been in triple digits--no rain either!  Hopefully, the downward temps will make a comeback.


And here I am in July still working on the June dishcloth pattern!  Bummer!  It's an easy pattern so no excuses for not finishing!  The yarn is handspun brown cotton from my hands.  I planted, ginned, carded, spun the cotton and now will get to finishing up this neat pattern.  I like the name "energy bar"==I have the recipe, but haven't made it yet.  You can find the free pattern from The Kitchen Sink Shop


I'm knitting away on another Musselburgh hat by Ysolda Teague
It's just idiot knitting--easy to do without thinking of what you're doing!

I like using small bits of yarn to create this wearable hat--think this is the third or fourth one I've done; still haven't made a dent in my fiber stash!

I like making this type of hat!  So fun to pull yarns from the stash, cast on 80 or 88 stitches and knit.  This hat began with ribbing of K2,P2;  sometimes I just knit to give a rolled up brim.  I used two small balls of handspun alternating with a fancy yarn, which is mostly acrylic—like the look!! 
Okay--it's summer so his socks don't need to be finished for another three months!  I'm close on one--It looks big--he tried it on and it fit just perfectly!  Now, if I can get the other sock to match the first.  Usually, I knit both at the same time--but my brain got all twisted around and I just couldn't get it going the right direction to put two on the two circulars.  It's all good!  He'll have nice warm socks for the winter--IF it ever gets here!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...