Saturday, July 15, 2023

It's Definitely Summer!!

 This summer has been exhausting!  Temperatures and humidity have you staying indoors or hurrying from AC car to AC store!  and even then you can break out into a sweat!  What do we expect?  It is SUMMER!

What to do on these summer days?  Books, movies, baking are my favorite past times--I've found way too many books to indulge in -- thank goodness, there are cheaper ways to read and listen then purchasing.  I did join Libby and got a free online library card--thought I'd never enjoy a library again!  so far, I've been able to enjoy audio books from Libby--"Horse" by Geraldine Brooks 



is my latest.  Many on the standby or wait list--So, I also assign to Scribd app--or then there is many free podcasts--there is never enough time to take up all those I've saved!  

Always enjoyed Lisa See works--this is the first of series of murders in China--We'll hope it's as good and informative as her other novels

This book has a good following--I'm sure you've seen the news on this author--one who had no one wanting to buy his book until someone posted a photo of him and his challenge to sell his book--now, he is top of the list!  Really grabbed me from the first page! 

Definitely a challenge--a mystery that is historical--the pages are not in order.  I thought this might be fun to do with hubby during these hot summer days--you can forget that!  He's too busy with his computer games--I'll chung along by myself!

We have spent hours at the Children's hospital visiting our five month old great grandson--he has many obstacles to overcome--but, let me tell you, this fellow is always smiling no matter what he has tests he has endured; messing about by nurses and doctors; surgeries he has encountered.
He is loved by many and has captured the heart of those throughout the world--he will remain in hospital until his intestines are reconnected and feeds can be begun again.  What a joy he is to the hospital personnel and those who have become his heart felt friends.

In the love of children, we went to the movies to see "Sound of Freedom"!  This movie tugs at your heart strings and brings awareness to child salvery.  How could we let this happen?  If you haven't seen the movie--go and be enlightened!

The afternoons can be spent working in the quilt room--cutting fabric for blocks, sewing on binding, and
Then there is this—sew along with Fort Worth Fabric Studio!  Begins July 24
and once the table is organized, too many other projects are found and then it's a squirrel moment!!
How's your summer??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...