Friday, March 10, 2023

A Little More Zen

Years ago I turned to Zentangles as a way to relax and refresh my brain.  Then, things got in my way and I put those aside and went onto something else

Now!

I'm back at zentangling!
Gathered my supplies--shading pencils, micron pens, artist's tiles, snubbing point

We're ready!
There are many patterns to learn--you can find them on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, etc.
There are online couirses, newsletters
Free lessons is good!  When I first learned, we had a speaker who walked us through the first sessions. 

What is a Zentangle? 

"The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. We call these patterns, tangles. You create tangles with combinations of dots, lines, simple curves, S-curves and orbs. These simple shapes are the "Elemental Strokes" in all Zentangle art. These patterns are drawn on small pieces of paper called "tiles." We call them tiles because you can assemble them into mosaics."

Here are a few of my tiles, past and present

From different angles, you'll see unique features of the line drawings


These are simple line drawings--easy to follow
relaxation in all senses!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...