Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Them Holes Can Be Deep.

 I know!  I know!  I can go down rabbit holes and never surface--and when I do, there are so many ideas swimming around in my brain!  Sure, I want to do them all...........

I found this on an app--which one I couldn't tell you!  But, I love, love leaf quilts!  Then one of those rabbit holes I jumped into I found this free pattern for a leaf!
Of course, I grabbed a screen shot and then went searching to find the pattern
The Crafty Quilter offers this free pattern in Three sizes!  Now, that's a winner for me!
She also has other patterns on her blog--more time to explore will take me there
But, first, I must make one of these scrappy leaf blocks--I'll do a large size first--10"

I know I should be doing something else--there are so many Christmas items
to be working on instead of FAll leaves!
Then my brain went into overdrive--
Quilting.craftgossip has several versions of leaves.
Why not make a quilt with different leaf patterns??  
Shabby Fabrics shares this video for their style of leaf.
My friend has been gathering fat quarters for her leaf quilt. You can never tire of seeing fall colors! 

Did you ever wonder why we say "down a rabbit hole"? 

“down the rabbit hole” comes to us thanks to the great Lewis Carroll who introduced the term in 1865 in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. In the story, Alice literally falls down the hole of the White Rabbit, taking her to Wonderland. In this case, falling down the rabbit hole meant entering a strange and absurd alternate universe, which many believe was supposed to represent a psychedelic experience.
Today, when people say they “went down the rabbit hole”, they usually mean that they got sucked into spending way to long reading about or researching something on the internet.

another rabbit hole I jumped in--we have been watching a show that is Welsh--the language is interesting-very hard to understand.  So, where did Welsh language originate? Down the rabbit hole, I went.
Welsh language is one of the oldest language---Welsh is a Brythonic language, meaning British Celtic in origin and was spoken in Britain even before the Roman occupation. Thought to have arrived in Britain around 600 BC, the Celtic language evolved in the British Isles into a Brythonic tongue which provided the basis not only for Welsh, but also Breton and Cornish.
So, sometimes it helps to go down that rabbit hole!! But, we still use closed captions on this Welsh show!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...