Friday, October 7, 2022

Quilt by quilt

There hasn't been much sewing in this household--main reason, tops are piling up, waiting to go to the long arm--guess I've been busy and hadn't scheduled time at the long arm.  
Just last week, I bite the bullet (so to speak), made a time on two days to get the long arm at our local quilt shop.  I spent two days getting everything ready to quilt--you know it takes some time, to get the backs and batting prepared--there is pressing to be done on both backs and tops.  For two of the quilts, I needed to dye the white backing.

This top is one I wanted to finish--it's a wedding gift for our granddaughter who is date is November 12, 2022!  Really close!!

My quilting friend didn't have any tops to do so she graciously offered to do this one--she's good at hearts and I wanted lots of hearts to cover this top.

She accomplished that with flair!

On the end of the top she scrolled the name of bride

The groom

and the date

lots of wonderful hearts across the top--was so excited to see such a touch from her hands.

While she did the heart quilt, I was working across on this charity top.  It is paper pieced with strips of leftover fabric. 


I thought I'd do straight lines on each block but as time went on my hands and the machine did not cooperate

So, I went to wavy lines--I'll tell you, that's a little easier to do but there are some flubs!
The other one I quilted was this Christmas quilt from two years ago


I just did swirts and loops--wanted to finish up fast.
We knocked off six quilts in those two days at the long arm--but, there are still 6 waitng in the wings to be quilted--I'd better quit sewing for awhile!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...