Monday, September 26, 2022

countdown!

 It's that time of the year--already, there is a countdown to Christmas!  Can you believe??  It does seem that the days are getting away too quickly--more so the older you get--never could understand that.

This year, there has been a family request to have price cap on gifts--especially since we are facing higher prices.  In that regard, I'm looking for gifts to give from my hands.  I suggested to the grandkids that they should do something that they are talented with--like a poem, a song, some handcrafted gift is perfect for me.  I always cherished those handprint turkeys from school art classes or that clay ashtray (even though we don't smoke!) 

It is my turn to look for simple alternates to pricey gifts--keeping each person in mind, I want that special gift to give. 

Fat Quarter Shoppe is offering this free quilt along pattern
I’m sure that there is a family member who will enjoy a seasonal hanging. 

And this lovely scarf will be a perfect knit for Colorado daughter in those winter months.  Designer is Hannah @yarnandsarcasm—pattern is “Good Things”
“Lady’s Mittens With Thumbs” c.1885


Weldon’s Practical Needlework, Volume 1: Practical Knitter. 
Published c. 1885.

This is my adapted version of this pattern. These gloves are knit flat, seamed, and then embroidered. Both gloves are knit the exact same. You make a left and right version by folding one glove one way and seaming, and the other glove the opposite way and seaming.

This pattern seems easily customizable by adjusting stitch counts, rows, increases. Or you could try sizing up your yarn weight and/or needles.

A video tutorial for this pattern can be found here: 
https://youtu.be/_QQnbpjnnlI


 Someone can always use another pair of mitts! 


This Musselburgh hat (designed by Ysolda)
Is perfect for the men!  
You guessed it!  Countdown is getting me anxious!  Will I finish these on time?  
Only IF I start now!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...