Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Sock Report

   I'm working away on that pair of socks for hubby.  It's been slow going for sure--I'm not the fastest of sock knitters-now-- a few rows here and there.  In years past, I’d knit a pair of socks two or three times a year. 

I turned the heel easily--that's not my problem.  I just like to do socks two at a time--I feel I'm getting them done at the same rate or speed, instead of knitting one at a time.  If I knit one sock, I'm not sure I'll go to knit the other one and will it be the same length or same number of stitches?

A friend who taught sock knitting- only made one sock!  Why? because she was teaching different styles so why knit two?  some times I think that's the way to go--I get bored knitting two but if you had several different one sock, it would be fun to wear different ones on each foot!  Make senses??
Until I get both socks to the same place, I'll knit from the heel to decrease for gusset on four needles.  Then back to two circular needles for both socks and off we go!  A jumble of needles!  And confusion--it all makes sense to me!
Two socks on two circular needles!  yay!  heading to the toe!
--where did socks come from?  Who invented socks?  Why are they called Socks?  So many questions!  And of course, you can always find the answer by doing a little research!








No comments:

Post a Comment

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...