Friday, May 20, 2022

Hard Way to get 9

 Nope!  Not playing a card game or dice game.  Just trying to make a 9 patch out of a 4 patch.  I decided to work on “Oh Say Can You Sew Quilt Along?  especially since I found this bag of 4 patches--why did I have a bunch of 4 patches?  Good question.  I don't remember why I made them in the first place--therefore, why not turn these into 9 patches--I need 31.  Let's begin

I don't care that it's a mixed bag--the 9 patches will be scrappy which I like.
I spent about 30 minutes ripping the seams and placing squares together--to the sewing maching next==
couple of seams per each patch and there were have just what we need

Those 4 patches turned into 24 nine patches--just need 7 more to make the first clue.
Then comes clue 2--and this is always a stumper for me--how do you get those
For clue two, 124 pieces are needed OR 31 sets of 4--I didn't want to construct the block like the instructions--there must be an easier way==124 is alot of cutting and sewing and then trimming to correct size.  
I found instructions to make 8 half square blocks at one time!  Math is involved!

Add 7/8" to the triangle finished size (ex. triangle square is to finish at 1 1/2" so
1 1/2" + 7/8" = 2 3/8")
Take that size multiple by 2 and you have 4 3/4"
So simple formula to remember!





No comments:

Post a Comment

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...