Friday, May 7, 2021

There We Were!

 Yes, there we were--in all our glory! It was all smiles from the minute you opened the door to walk in to the warmth that filled the room!  Yes, we were there!  Friends who hadn't seen each other for over a year and half!  Like so many in this world, we had been isolating--now, we are back as a group--friends forever!  It was time to play catch up--how do you do that when there is so much to learn from each other since the last time we gathered? 

So much laughter, many opinions to hand out, advice to be given, happy notes of family events and special occasions--yes, there we were!  And it was just like we hadn't been apart those 18 months!

We shared a delicious lunch to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!  There was a spread of fajita beef and chicken with all the trimmings; seven layer dip and queso with chips, magical no calorie 'fluff' for dessert--which I need the recipe for!  I took my Mexican salad with chicken--here is a basic recipe.  Wish I'd taken a photo--it was really pretty before it became mixed up with dressing.

I used this dressing--was afraid it would be too 'soapy' tasting, but was quite nice.  I  topped the salad with crushed corn chips and queso fresco cheese--we had leftovers for our dinner--yay!
It was a delicious lunch!  The conversation and company were the BEST!


I filled my fiber bag (my Florida friend made for me) with projects to be stitched--thinking my hands would keep busy while my mouth and ears were occupied--but, alas.................
the only thing I got stitched was this very small top!

oh well, all is right with the world when you are with good friends
who care and love you for who you are!









No comments:

Post a Comment

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...