Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Organization??

 What earthly idea got into my brain when I decided to move my bookcase of fabrics from one room to the other.  I have a cutting table in one room, along with bins of fabrics--mostly small sections or fat quarters--the larger lengths have been wrapped around card board folders.  When I was cutting for one block, I was going back and forth from room to room to pick out fabric—sometimes I’d forget what I went in the other room for!  I did pass through a door and you know what they say about forgetting!  For some reason, I thought why not bring it all in one location--so, I unloaded all the fabric from the bookcase in the weaving studio and moved it to the cutting room. 

Luckily, my hubby is willing to assist with the heavy lifting--helping me
clear out all the fabric boards, carry the bookcase to the other room, and 
leave--saying his job was done!

I had boards of fabric on the floor, in bins, in bathroom sink, anywhere I could
find to place them and then real chore happen--I decided to place them in semi color
range.  That took longer than I thought it would--
what to do you do with the stripes?  The prints? The plaids?
And the novelty fabrics?  Where do they belong? Separate section by themselves?

Well, it took some time--my brain was happy all the fabric was in one location but
it sure did mess up my cutting routine!
There we have the finished product!  Hope it remains as neat as this when I began pulling fabrics out for the next project--just wish my bins of scraps were as neat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...