Saturday, December 9, 2017

Let the Baking Begin........................

Somehow, and don't ask me how, I got in a baking mood--
didn't matter that the house is a wreck--workmen coming 
and comiing--
I decided to make my Christmas cookies! and
the best part of the recipe is the fresh grated nutmeg


Just something about that little bit of nutmeg that adds to
the flavor, also could be the bourbon aged vanilla that added also.
Dough is resting in the refrigerator--these are cut out cookies
Yum!  Yum!  A plate goes to our grandson!

Another saved recipe that I found in the bottom of
my shopping bag is one that I'm recreating too.
This recipe comes from one of our award winning
local bakeries--Ooh La La--Oatmeal chocolate pecan
cookies!  Delicious!  
We took a plate to our grand-daughter's office as
they have been slammed with all the Hurricane Harvey
damage remodeling.  They deserve a cookie break!


1 comment:

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...