Sunday, March 3, 2024

Shop Hop! Hop! Hop!

 

Our state is having a state wide shop hop in March and April.  There is NO way I"ll be able to make it around the WHOLE state, but can stop in those that we travel through or in our neighborhood.  The booklet is worth the price as it includes six patterns--mostly using their featured fabrics, but patterns can use any type or color of fabric.
I'll keep you posted on our Shop HOP around the state!
This is the featured panel.  I ordered my fabric when the notice first came out.  Now, this month and next, I'll look forward to visiting shops on this HOP!

One of the patterns in the book used boots (pattern in booklet).  I thought about this set of patterns I bought in 2012 and hadn't worked them up.  Out of sight out of mind.  The pattens are unusual and unique
Like this one--all the boots are created with a designer in mind.  Looking at the pattern, I wondered how on earth would you make this boot out of fabric?  My mind went instantly to applique--raw applique!  I'll use fusible to create these boots--the flying geese can be paper pieced.

I'm Hopping around my studio and came across these usable pieces of flannel--these will make at least another one or two baby blankets.

I've had this book for while--love these books!  Something to collect and sometimes use.
Another collection for raw edge applique.  Better buy a bolt of fusible!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...