Sunday, December 3, 2023

Wrapped in Warmth

The other day there were falling garments from the top shelf in the closet--gee whiz!
These falling garments were all hand knit or hand woven scarves, wraps, etc.  A couple of the scarves are felted projects from a workshop, held many many moons ago!

I tried to neatly stack the pieces up on the sofa so I could browse through them.  Of course, that took some time as I relished each piece and remembered why or when I completed.
Some are hand spun fibers, others are hand dyed purchased yarns.

I found some unique shaped ones -this one is knit with handspun silk--that was alot of fun to knit!


I remember this one as I plied it with a stainless steel yarn so the scarf could be twisted and shaped to wear--that was interesting to do

Here are a couple of scarves that were woven--the blue one is dyed warp with hand spun silk weft
One on the right was a yarn that was balled and spaced dyed--great fun to do

Couple of nuno felted pieces on cloth base

Handspun cotton--blue was dyed after knitted; other one is brown handspun natural cotton

Lace is my knitting passion and it is reflected in this grouping

Another lace scarf with handspun wool/silk blend

and more of lace!
What to do with all these scarves?  There is no way I can wear them—I just enjoyed knitting over the years. 
These will be Christmas gifts--I'll offer them to the family first, then to friends.
I'd love to see someone else wearing one of my creations.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...