Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Embroidery Threads?



I'm sitting in my favorite chair, stitching away on my Christmas snowmen; pulling embroidery through my cloth, I'm in a calm zone!   All is right with the world--stitch, pull, stitch again.......and my mind wanders--just how is the embroidery threads made ?

Oh, I know the basic principals of spinning the cotton or silk as it may be, but how did DMC come up with their idea of making such massive threads of color?  Lo and behold, there is a video about just the thing!
so, I present to you this interesting video on how DMC threads come to be in my stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...