Saturday, June 25, 2016

Magazine For Handspinners

In my many years of being a handspinner and weaver, I've gone through multi number
of publications for such fiberists.  About 5 years ago, I decided to discontinue my
connection to these magazines--mainly, there is so much you can receive through
digitization.  I have stacks and stacks of unused magazines--sometimes, I browse
through them, but mostly, they just sat there on the shelf.
Recently, I came across this magazine--PLY.  I thought--let's give it a try.
It is published four times a year--and I've received the latest issue
on Bulky yarns--I'm not the biggest fan on bulky yarns.  
I know there is a place for them in our fiber work, but not in mine.
This is a slick paper magazine--many colorful photos
and instructions on how to accomplish bulky yarns.
We'll see how the next publication is--
I'll pass this issue along to a bulky spinner.


1 comment:

  1. My friend in England who has just learned to spin is in love with this new magazine. I think many of us have all just ... been there ... done that. I have discontinued most of my magazine subs, too.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...