Sunday, February 21, 2016

Spin, Span, Spun!

I'm totally having a super time with this fiber.
Where has it been all these days?
I recently cleaned up my fiber closet and it's strange
the interesting things you find hiding in the 
nooks and crannies....
like this fiber!

It's a fleece I bought--who knows how many years ago--
and dyed it in the grease, as I do most of my hot off
the hoof wools.

Why I hadn't spun it before is beyond me--
such a lovely fiber; soft, pleasing to spin
and I absolutely love the colors that the dyes
gave it.

Such a multitude of colors all in one fleece

Does it not look--spinable?
trust me, it's spinning up nicely.

On the other hand, I have this luscious bombyx silk that I purchased
sometime ago from Rivers Edge Fiber Arts

I'm loving this fiber too!  I spin some silk; I spin some wool.
And I'm in a happy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Pancakes!

 Yes!  Pancakes and peppered bacon!  Perfect breakfast!  On the Patio!  Pancakes can be for morning meal in your P Js or evening dinner in y...