Saturday, January 2, 2016

Keep Calm--And--Crochet

Everything-is-groovyghan_small
will start on 13 January 2016. The tutorials for each part will be released every two weeks on a Wednesday on  blog where they will remain available forever.
This is a mystery crochet-along for a rectangular mixed motif blanket where either blocks or rows will be introduced every two weeks. Lots of different shapes and stitches will be incorporated so it won’t get boring and there will be plenty of opportunity to play with colour!
As well as posting information on this blog I’ll also be linking the information in my KCACO-UK Community Facebook Group year, is a great source for support and helpful tips from fellow Crochet-Alongers: Facebook page.
So on to the fine details of the CAL…this is a bit of a long post so bear with me!

DETAILS OF THE CAL:

  1. There is no charge to join the CAL; anyone can join in as long as they have some yarn and a hook.
  2. All featured pattern elements in the CAL will be FREE of charge patterns if released separately from the CAL.
  3. For those that like a deadline I will be adding new details about each square every two weeks on a Wednesday at 7 pm-ish (GMT time) – see below for full schedule. For those that want to hook when they have the time then that’s fine too; no pressure to this CAL it’s all about having fun!
  4. For this blanket I will be using double knit/8 ply/yarn weight #3 and a 4mm (US size G); though you could use worsted /aran/ yarn weight #4 with a larger hook (US size H) for a larger blanket if you wish to.
  5. I will be using both UK and US crochet terminology in the pattern (UK/US) so you can pick your preference. I will also always link a conversion chart and any helpful information about each element including links about special stitches with the release of each new section.

YARN:

I’ve designed this CAL to be a stash-buster to use up bits of yarn you might have lying around (in my case lots) or you can buy new.  I estimate that you will need at least:
  • 12 skeins of  Double Knit (1200g / 3600m / 3936 yards)
  • 14 skeins of Aran / Worsted (1400g / 2744m / 2996 yards)
Please note that these amounts are approximated – actual finished blankets may vary depending on yarn and hook used and own personal tension when crocheting.  I would always round up a bit as some stitches take more yarn that others.  
As for colours; well this giant bag of multi-toned blues from my stash is going to be the colours I use this time.
Yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Can’t!!

 It’s been almost two weeks since time change and I just can’t get my body turned around to adjust.  I know it’s only an hour BUT it’s that ...