Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Two "Orphan" Quilts Come Home....................................

What a treat! Two of my 'orphan' block quilts come home from the quilter Judy M where they had resided all summer long.  But, it was worth the wait.  You may remember them from Spring posts
This is one of my favorites--and I used a house fabric for the backing--one small problem, you can't see the quilting pattern on the back.

I think I'll add wheels (even though Judy quilted wheels) to the train--otherwise, it looks as though they 
are riding on air!
The second orphan block quilt is more hodge podge blocks--but was fun
to play with.

some nice quilting features--some of these applique blocks
were from a block exchange about 15 years ago--so, it
pays to have aged blocks.

I used a plain backing fabric, so the quilting shows up perfectly!
Now, if only I had some more orphan blocks to work with...............


No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...