"I cannot live without books" Thomas Jefferson
Some historical facts about books.........................
- The very first books used parchment or vellum (calf skin) for the book pages.
- The book covers were made of wood and often covered with leather.
- The books were fitted with clasps or straps.
- Public libraries appeared in the Middle Ages.
- Books in public libraries were often chained to a bookshelf or a desk to prevent theft.
E-books are rapidly increasing in popularity. E-book (electronic book) refers to a book-length publication in digital form. They are normally available through the internet however, can also be found on CD-ROM and other forms. E-books are read either by computer or via a portable book display device known as an e-book reader, such as a Reader, Nook or Kindle.
What will you read today?