Monday, August 3, 2015

Small Quilts


Okay, there are small quilts, miniature quilts and then there are tiny quilts!  Have you made a quilt for a doll?  Or even a small quilt?

There is a Small Quilt group on Facebook and Yahoo.  I joined because I'm fascinated with small quilts.  I did make one (1) small quilt--Amish style--and the dog took a bite out of it!!  it was just too small, but it was perfect for a little girl that visited our house often--that would be our granddaughter!  Years ago we had a miniature quilt workshop when I was Education Curator at Historic Plantation.  We had Tina Gravatt in as our mentor.  Tina makes miniature doll house quilts!  I was blown away with her work!  Her pieces are authentic to antique quilts.  We had a fun time together--

Sentimental Quilter has some wonderful small quilt patterns.  Check her out!

Shop with Us

Temecula Quilt Company is one of my favorite websites to visit!  I wish I could visit her shop, but she offers free patterns often for small quilts.  I made the alphabet small quilt blocks--not assembled yet though.

Small Quilts and Doll Quilts is a place for small quilt lovers!  Follow along with this group.
children's quilt patterns
American Girl Dolls  has many patterns for all those American Girl Doll lovers


doll quilt tutorial

craftaholics anonymous has this excellent tutorial on how to sew your own doll quilt
schoolhouse.jpg

Country Lane Quilts tells us that doll quilts are not just for children!  I like that!

Fave Quilts--Mini quilts and doll quilts
Find fun mini quilt patterns and dainty doll quilt patterns here. When you're looking for small quilted projects for practicing new techniques and playing with fabrics, free mini quilt patterns are just what you need.
Ruby and Mahoney Miniature Quilts has tips to make that perfect small quilt.  I'm thinking this might be the way to make quilts--takes up less room and doesn't take as long to make! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...