Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Year of The Beaded Scarf

One Pattern of Lace a month = a beautiful scarf by the end of the year!  Yes, I'm so in on this knitting project--just wish I had a dedicated loom that I could weave one lace pattern a month, but alas, only one loom is available.  This year, once again, I plan to use my handspun yarn for this project.  Just need to dig deep to find yarn that has already been spun OR I might need to begin....................spinning!
Wonder what the scarf would look like if I used many different handspun yarns?

I have several little bits of yarn--hmmmm--I'm thinking of this!

In 2014 I signed up for this month to month lace scarf and finished in time to gift the handspun scarf to the blond headed daughter. 

Let's begin the knit pattern for 2015....................................
January's pattern is PEARL-BARRED SCALLOP PATTERN:  14 sts + 1
Rows 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9: K1, +YO, K3, SSK, YO, S2KP2O, YO, K2TOG, K3, YO, K1; rep from + to EOR.
Rows 2, 4, 6, and 8: Purl.
Row 10: Knit.
(Non-Beaded)Row 11: Purl.
(Beaded)Row 11: B, +P1, B; rep from + to EOR.
Row 12: Purl.
Rep the above 12 rows, two more times (3 times total), then knit six rows. (49 sts.)

Designer is Elizabeth Ravenwood:  come join us on her Ravelry group--Big Comfy Doghouse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...