Saturday, January 18, 2014

CHUNKY YARN TIME

I don't know about you, but I have a basket full of Chunky Yarns!
And I never know what to do with them.

Some of these yarns have been naturally dyed, others are just there waiting for a creation of some kind

So I was thrilled when I saw a group on my favorite knitting site, Ravelry, that was doing a KAL (knit along) with chunky yarns.  There was a mystery knitting project for a felted bag from Marigolds Loft.  Needless to say, I'm behind but it's a start and mindless knitting that can be done while watching TV, listening to a book or waiting in doctor's offices, etc. 

 
The other thing about chunky yarns--you use chunky needles!  Size 11-17 and how often do you do that?  This pattern is from Meagheen Ryan Designs.  Gauge 3 stitches and 5 rows per inch.  This yarn is Noro, Kochoran--a blend of wool, angora and silk--a definite aged yarn!!
 
This is part of Christmas in 12 months project.  You get the pattern the first month (cut off date to enroll was December 31, 2013) and if you finish it, you get the pattern for the next month, and so on and so on.  Otherwise, the pattern can be purchased. 

You can find several of Meagheen Ryan's patterns on Ravelry.  This will be a nice gift for someone on my list. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Can’t!!

 It’s been almost two weeks since time change and I just can’t get my body turned around to adjust.  I know it’s only an hour BUT it’s that ...