Monday, November 4, 2013

Contemporary Handweavers of Houston Annual Sale

It's just perfect!!  The CHH (Contemporary Handweavers of Houston) held their annual sale in late October.......and I'm here to attend!  The first time in years I've been able to see what our members are creating. The sale this year was held in our Guild House--a smaller venue than in years past.  When I arrived on the first morning of the sale, it was already bustling with activity--shoppers galore!  That's a good thing! 
As I roamed through the crowd, I ran into many of my weaver friends--here is Olga and Rosemary looking over the jewelry table.  Olga is a world class felt maker and had several of her jewelry pieces in the market.

Lovely hand-woven pillows

and the tea towels!  Oh my--what a variety!

Feast your eyes on these goodies!


There were even Handspun yarns

And batts of spinning fibers!

Here are a few of the different hand-woven items--loved the luggage tags!

Small trinkets for stocking stuffers

And the silk hand dyed scarves........................



Rag rugs for any room of your house

Tree ornaments.............and cards


Silk paper orbs

And let's not forget the wearable garments
and you say, what did I buy?

One of those gorgeous spinning batts--perfect for a project--more later on that...

This lovely crackle weave towel by Marian Carlson

And shadow weave towel by Barb-e-designs

A felted pouch for my business cards, clever creation by Rosemary. 
I was excited to attend this event and see so many of my weaver friends and their creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...