Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 on 12

It's the time of year when we begin Advent events. One of my favorite things to do is knit the Advent scarf. This is the third year to knit one of these scarves--this year I got SMART! Instead of casting on as the pattern suggests--91 stitches, I did half that number!  Why didn't I think of that before!!??
Advent Calendar Scarf 2012 is the place to be !  And believe it or not--I'm keeping up with each day.  I'm 12 for 12! 

The previous two years I was struggling to keep up with 91 stitches--sure it makes a lovely shawl, but this is so much more enjoyable and not so hectic!

Each day's section is divided with a spacer that uses beads.

Some patterns I really enjoy knitting while others not so much.  But, it is a learning process too--some new stitches and techniques for me are thrown into the mix.

and the best part--I'm using my handspun green cotton yarn.  I know it doesn't look 'green' but this is a special fiber that came from my dear friend Jo's garden.  She gave me the raw fiber, which she had hand ginned.  I found a mill that would process into roving and I spun it into this soft lovely yarn--it's two ply and I love the feel and the special meaning.  After 24 days it will wrap around my neck with Jo 'love'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...